Friday 7 August 2015

I returned to Robbery after a lady duped Me – Pastor Confesses

A pastor and two others have been arrested by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, in Lagos for allegedly diverting a truckload of air conditioners valued at N25 million.

Pastor Peter Iyasele, who is a member of the gang, was apprehended alongside the others, Anthony Ibiade and Amas Debar at the Igando area of Lagos, following a surveillance mounted by the police to track them down.

Confessing to the crime, Pastor Iyasele said he was a member of the group but that he opted out so as to invest his own share in a transportation business.
“My name is Peter Iyasele, 56-year-old, I am married and I have four children. I am a pastor and I have a church along Badagry expressway...

“I was arrested at Igando bus-stop for participating in hijacking and diversion of goods worth over N25 million. I have been engaging in these operations for years but after a while I stopped and invested proceeds from the operations in transportation.

I had made enough from series of operations in the past and I was doing well in my transportation business before I was duped by a woman.”

He claimed that he had to re-join the gang so as to get money to expand his church.

Out of the 25 split air conditioners that were in the truck, only 23 were recovered by the police.

Confirming the incident, the commissioner of police in charge of SARS, Chris Ezike, said Pastor Iyasele did the driving, while the other two did the hijacking.

It was gathered that the trio were part of a robbery gang that hijacks cargo trucks in Lagos and Ogun. A fourth member of the gang identified as Oliver is still on the run

No comments:

Post a Comment