Saturday 1 August 2015

Michelle Obama Wants to Be Beyoncé, Too

""
"Tell me all of your secrets,” the First Lady whispers to Beyoncé.
By John Moore/Getty Images.
Get in line, First Lady

First Lady Michelle Obama is maybe more like us than we thought. On Thursday, she posted an Instagram video during which she answers a series of questions from rapper Wale—one of which is: “If you had the opportunity to have a different occupation, what would it be?“
Obama, understanding that there is a right answer to this question, replies, “I would be Beyoncé.” To prove that she qualifies, the First Lady showed off her best Bey hand movements.
Of course, the two most powerful women in the world have had plenty of opportunities to discuss Obama possibly taking over Beyoncé’s position. The two were in the same room during the 2009 inauguration ball, when Bey serenaded Obama and her husband during their first dance as First Lady and President.
They’ve worked together on fund-raisers; they attended the president’s 2012 inauguration together; and that same year, Beyoncé proved that the admiration is mutual with a video about her respect for the First Lady. “I'm so in awe of Michelle Obama,” Beyoncé said. “Every time I see her, she inspires me, she empowers me, she encourages me to live a healthy lifestyle . . . I'm proud to have my daughter grow up in a world where she has people like you to look up to.”

No comments:

Post a Comment